Upload a OneCard Photo
Submit Your Photo Before Orientation
Submitting your photo ahead of time will save you time, allowing us to print your card and have it ready for you at Orientation. This way you will also like how you look! Here’s how it works:
Photo Upload Process
Step 1. Review the guidelines to make sure your photo will be accepted.
Step 2. Take a photo of yourself.
Step 3. Submit it according to the following instructions:
a. Login to Academica using your access ID and Password.
b. Under "University Resources" click on "Access OneCard Account"
c. One the OneCard Account website choose "Upload OneCard Photo" from the menu on the left.
d. Agree to the OneCard Terms and Conditions
e. Re-read the Submission Guidelines and make sure your photo meets the requirements.
f. Browse your computer files to upload your selected image, crop and submit it. (If you have trouble uploading your photo, use this tool.)
Step 4. The OneCard Office will review your photo and approve or deny it.
Step 5. You will receive an automatic email confirmation that your photo has been approved or denied. This will be sent to your WSU email account.
Step 6. If your photo was denied please re-read the guidelines and resubmit a new photo for approval.
Step 7. If your photo was approved you’ll pick up your OneCard at Orientation.
Note: If you do not submit a photo or your photo is not approved before your Orientation session, you will have the opportunity to take a photo during Orientation. This will add time to your check-in process that morning. When picking up your OneCard you must present a government issued photo ID.
Photo Submission Guidelines
Before you start snapping pictures, let’s review what makes an acceptable ID photo:
• Photo must be taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
• Photos must be at least 300x400 pixels but no larger than 1200 x1500 pixels
• A color photo on a solid white background
• JPG format, with no borders and no filters
• Photo must show your full face, the top of shoulders to the top your head, with some blank space above the head
• Photo must show you looking straight at the camera (No side profiles or extreme close ups!)
• Straight face or smile – no funny faces please
• Photo should not include other people, animals, props, etc.
• No red eye or flash reflection on glasses or contact lenses
• No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments that obstruct the view of your face
• Selfies are ok as long as you meet the above criteria!