- I need a new Onecard now, do you accept walk-ins? Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Make an appointment or join our virtual line for a date future or immediate same day help. We encourage you to call ahead or email us to make sure you have everything you need to be helped in person. We can also provide many services remotely without the need to come to the office. See FAQs below.
- Who can get a OneCard? Currently registered Wayne State University full-time and part-time students, faculty and staff with active employment classifications, and alumni can get a OneCard. Some affiliates are also authorized to get a OneCard. For more details check out our Types of OneCards page.
- How do I obtain a NEW OneCard? The following process has been implemented for the issuing and pick up of OneCards for students faculty and staff:
- Register for classes (employees skip this step)
- Review the photo upload guidelines.
- Log in to your OneCard account via Academica.
- Choose "Photo Upload" from the menu and follow the instructions for submitting your photo. Check your WSU email inbox for an email saying your photo was approved.
- Email email@example.com from your WSU email address to let us know that your photo was approved and provide the address where you would like your OneCard mailed or make an appointment or join our virtual line to pick up your card in the office. A valid driver's license, state ID or passport are acceptable forms of photo identification when picking up your card.
- Note: By taking possession of your card you agree to abide by our posted OneCard Terms and Conditions.
- When can I get a OneCard? Most Wayne State University students will obtain their OneCard as a part of their freshman, transfer, or graduate student orientation. During or after orientation you will register for classes and at that time you can upload a photo for your OneCard. Once the photo is approved and we've confirmed your registration status, we will mail the ID card to your home address that you provide. Faculty and staff can obtain a OneCard once they are hired and have attended their University Orientation session. WSU alumni can obtain a OneCard by completing the online Alumni OneCard request form. Affiliates and contractors should review the information about affiliates on our Types of Cards page for information on how to request a card.
- Where can I find my OneCard Number before I receive my OneCard?Log into Academica and under "student resources" you will see "financial resources" and "bill/account summary". Your 9-digit OneCard number will be located in the upper right hand corner of the screen next to your name on the "bill/account summary" page.
- What if I already have a OneCard from my undergraduate degree?
- You can continue to use your current OneCard and will not need a new one. It will be reactivated when you register for classes. You will only need a new one if you have lost your current card or it is damaged.
- How do I add money to my OneCard?
- Visit Academica, login, select "Access OneCard Account" and follow the prompts. There is a $1.50 convenience fee for depositing on-line.
- Pay by check or money order at the OneCard/Parking Service Center in the Welcome Center, Suite 257.
- Visit a OneCard cash deposit machine. Cash only, the machines do not dispense change.
- What are the minimum and maximum amounts that I can deposit on my OneCard? The minimum amount you may deposit online is $15. The minimum deposit amount at a machine is $1. The maximum amount allowed on the OneCard is $500.
- What is a OneCard cash deposit machine? A OneCard cash deposit machine allows you to deposit cash to add value to your OneCard. Just insert your card, select the deposit function and insert your cash. You can access your account immediately. Please note that denominations of $1, $5, $10 and $20 are accepted. OneCard cash deposit machines are located throughout campus. See our "Adding money to your OneCard" page for a complete list of machine locations. All of these locations may not be accessible for the fall semester and will depend on the University's plan for on-campus classes.
- Does the OneCard cash deposit machine give change?No, the OneCard deposit machine does not give change. You can only add the exact amount you would like to deposit.
- How can my parent add money to my OneCard Account? Students should log into Academica, go to University Resources, and then Access OneCard Account. Once logged in, on the left hand side of the screen will be a menu Titled "Personalize". Under that menu please choose the option "Guest Access". Once on the Guest Access screen choose "add" and enter an email address to which the guest access email instructions will be mailed. Check the boxes for the types of access you would like the guest to have. You can allow someone to view your statement, get low balance alerts, have guest access to add money, and report lost cards. Then press "add" again to finalize the action. An email will be sent to the email address you provided with instructions on how to login and add money to your account.
- How can I obtain a replacement OneCard (lost/stolen/damaged)?If your OneCard is lost or stolen, go to Academica and log into your OneCard account to immediately deactivate your card. There is a $20 replacement card fee to replace a lost/stolen OneCard. Deposit $20 into your OneCard account using a Credit or Debit card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have lost your card and have placed the fee into your OneCard account and include the address where you would like us to mail your replacement OneCard. We will then deduct the money and print and mail the card, or you can make an appointment or join our virtual line to pick up your card in the office. Affiliates who need a new card can pay their $20 replacement card fee at the Cashier's Office, Room 222 and bring us the receipt.
- What if I change my name? Card holders who change the Legal Name (due to marriage, divorce, or other circumstances), or those who register a Preferred name through the University's preferred name registration process, after obtaining their initial card, will be required to pay the $20.00 replacement card fee in order to obtain a card with their new name. The old card must be surrendered at the time the new card is issued. All changes must be reflected in Banner before the new card is printed. Please call the OneCard/Parking Service Center at 313-577-2273 to make an appointment to exchange your old card for a new one.
- Is there a fee for my first OneCard? No, there is no fee for your first OneCard. However, if you lose your OneCard, a replacement fee of $20 will be charged to obtain a new card.
- Why is my OneCard not working? There are a number of reasons why a OneCard may stop working. Some of the more common reasons are:
- Your OneCard is bent or cracked
- The magnetic stripe on your OneCard is scratched
- The magnetic stripe on your OneCard has become demagnetized
- There isn't any money in your OneCard account
- Your OneCard has expired
- Your access to a building, lab, parking area, etc. has expired
- What if my OneCard is damaged or not working? If your OneCard is damaged or not working, please reach out to the OneCard/Parking Service Center. We will try to troubleshoot and investigate remotely to see if we can resolve your card issue. You can also make an appointment or join our virtual line and a representative will work to determine if your card is still functional. A OneCard with normal wear and tear may be replaced at no charge as long as the old card is turned in at the time the new card is received.
- Can I get cash back from my OneCard? No, refunds are not available unless you are leaving the University or graduating, so please make sure that you add money to your OneCard accordingly.
- If I leave WSU, what happens to money left on my OneCard? When you leave Wayne State University, you will get a refund if you have more than a $15 balance on your OneCard. Please note that it will take four to six weeks for a refund. Contact the OneCard/Parking Service Center to process your request or complete and submit the OneCard Account Cancelation Form.
- Can I have more than one OneCard? No, for security reasons we cannot allow you to have more than one OneCard.
- What if I do not like the picture on my OneCard? We will be more than happy to take another picture for you, but please note that you will be charged the $20 replacement fee.
- How do I set a low-balance warning on my OneCard account?
- Log in to Academica with your WSU AccessID and password.
- Under "University Resources" choose "Access OneCard Account".
- On the right side of the personalized WSU OneCard page, select "Low Balance" under the "Personalize" heading.
- Within the Low-Balance Settings section that displays in the center, you can enter a balance minimum in the Minimum box.
- Enter one or more email addresses in the Email box(es) below, and when your balance drops below this minimum, an alert email will be sent to these addresses.
- Click Save.
- What are the steps to purchase a parking pass? Go to https://parking.wayne.edu. Click on the button that says "purchase parking permit or pay citation." This will take you to the parking portal. Once there click on "get permits" then enter your access ID and password and follow the prompts to purchase your semester pass. Make sure you have your license plate and other vehicle information handy for this process.
- When do parking passes go on sale? Parking passes for the Fall semester are typically on sale shortly after the 4th of July holiday, for the winter semester passes tend to go on sale mid-November, and for the spring/summer semester they begin after spring break. For exact dates look for the campus-wide email announcement that will be sent to your WSU email around these times or go to https://parking.wayne.edu and look in the news items for an announcement.
- I'm a student with a disability who normally comes to the office to purchase parking. Can I do this remotely?Students with disabilities who require a parking pass for the fall/winter semester should email us a copy of their class schedule and their handicapped parking placard. Based on this information the staff will determine the amount of your pass and will email the information to the student. The amount of the pass will need to be deposited onto the student's OneCard so that we can manually deduct it, sell the pass, and send a confirmation email. For those who are new to the parking program, the RFID tag will be mailed out.
- I live in Studio One Apartments or other local non-WSU apartment complex and I need to purchase a parking pass? If it is your first time purchasing a parking pass and have never had an RFID tag. You will need to make an appointment to come into the office to purchase your pass. Email or call us. If you are renewing your pass and have an RFID tag and an online account, you can renew using our online parking portal. The instructions for affiliate parkers differ from students and staff. If you need us to resend the instructions along with your login and password please reach out to us.
- Can I purchase a temporary parking pass?Yes temporary parking passes are available online through the parking portal. Choose "get permits", then click on "Visitor Account" to create an account and start the process of purchasing a temporary permit. Temporary parking passes are $8.50/day and can be purchased for PS1, PS2 or PS8, our 24/7 structures. Once you've purchased your temporary parking permit you will need to press the intercom at the entry and exit gates to be permitted in and out of the structure by our Parking Command Center. A temporary parking pass can be purchased for up to 30 days at a time. If you require parking for longer than that, you should come into the office to purchase a semester pass.
- What ways can I pay for parking?
- Pay by entry using a CC you will pay the more expensive visitor rate if you choose to pay as you go by CC. This may be the preferred method if you are rarely on-campus, and only occasionally visit, or if you forget your OneCard.
- Pay by entry using a OneCard load money onto your OneCard to get the student discounted rate for parking. The is the preferred method if you are here 1-3 days a week and do not need to leave and re-enter the parking structure multiple times during the day. To deposit money into your OneCard account you would need to log into Academica, go to "onecard account" under "student resources" and use your CC to deposit the money. When you get to campus you would swipe in the OneCard debit reader to enter and exit the structure.
- Purchase a Semester Pass a semester pass allows you unlimited access to one on-campus structure during the semester. This is the preferred method if you are on-campus 3-5 days a week and/or need to enter and exit the structure many times/day, or if you are living on or near campus and need to park your car in an 24/7 overnight structure. To purchase a semester pass go to https://parking.wayne.edu. Click on the button that says "purchase parking permit or pay citation." This will take you to the parking portal. Once there click on "get permits" then enter your access ID and password and follow the prompts to purchase your semester pass. When you get to campus you would swipe in the OneCard assigned reader to enter and exit the structure until your RFID tag is sent to you in the mail. Your RFID tag is linked to your OneCard and will allow for entry without having to swipe your OneCard.
- Payroll Deduction - Eligible faculty and staff may also pay by payroll deduction. Details about enrollment can be found on our Parking Service Center Information Page.