Upload a OneCard Photo
Submit Your Photo!
Incoming freshman, transfer students and faculty/staff can submit thier photo online. You pick the photo that you like, upload it in advance, and we will print your card and have it ready for you at Orientation or the next time you will be on-campus! *Freshman and transfer students please submit your photo at least 24 hours before your Orientation session.
***Please note that for the spring, summer and fall 2020 semesters, due to Orientation moving online, the OneCard Office will be mailing student IDs to a student's permanent address once they are registered for classes.
Photo Upload Process
Step 1. Review the guidelines below..
Step 2. Take a photo of yourself.
Step 3. Submit it according to the following instructions:
a. Login to Academica using your access ID and Password.
b. Under "University Resources" click on "Access OneCard Account"
c. On the OneCard Account website choose "Upload OneCard Photo" from the menu on the left.
d. Upload your selected image, crop and submit it. (If you have trouble uploading your photo, use this tool.)
The OneCard Office will review your photo and you will receive an email confirmation, to your WSU email account, that your photo has been approved or denied. You will then pick up your ID card at Orientation.
Note: If you do not submit a photo or your photo is not approved before your Orientation session, you will have the opportunity to take a photo during Orientation. This will add time to your check-in process that morning. When picking up your OneCard you must present a government issued photo ID.
The photo upload process is not limited to students coming in for Orienation. Anyone can submit a photo online when obtaining a new or replacement OneCard. Please note, the fee for a replacement card is $20.
Photo Submission Guidelines
Before you start snapping pictures, let's review what makes an acceptable ID photo:
• Photos must be at least 300x400 pixels but no larger than 1200 x1500 pixels
• A color photo on a solid color background
• JPG format, with no borders and no filters
• Photo must show your full face, the top of shoulders to the top your head, with some blank space above the head
• Photo must show you looking straight at the camera (No side profiles or extreme close ups!)
• Straight face or smile – no funny faces please
• Photo should not include other people, animals, props, etc.
• No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments that obstruct the view of your face
• Selfies are ok as long as you meet the above criteria!