Upload a OneCard Photo
Submit Your Photo and obtain your OneCard!
Incoming freshman, transfer and graduate students as well as faculty and staff can submit thier photo online. Pick the photo that you like, upload it in advance, and we will print your card. Our current Covid-19 procedures include either mailing the cards to your home address or setting up an appt time for you to pick the card up from the main entrance of the Welcome Center. You must be a registered student or paid WSU staff member.
Note: Affiliates needing a onecard, who cannot submit a photo online should call 313-577-2273 or email email@example.com to verify you've been approved for a card and to request an appt.
Photo Upload Process
Step 1. Participate in online freshman, transfer or graduate student orienation, if required, OR participate in new employee orientation.
Step 2. Register for classes (students only)
Step 3. Review the photo submission guidelines below
Step 4. Login to Academica using your access ID and Password. Under "University Resources" click on "OneCard Account", or put "OneCard Account" into the search bar. On the OneCard Account website choose "Upload OneCard Photo" from the menu on the left. Upload your selected image, crop and submit it. (If you have trouble uploading your photo, use this tool.)
The OneCard Office will review your photo and you will receive an email confirmation, to your WSU email account, that your photo has been approved or denied. After your photo is approved, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the address where you would like your onecard to be mailed or to request an appt to pick up your card.
Photo Submission Guidelines
Before you start snapping pictures, let's review what makes an acceptable ID photo:
• Photos must be at least 300x400 pixels but no larger than 1200 x1500 pixels
• A color photo on a solid color background (Use this tool to remove the background from your photo, then save as a JPG and submit)
• JPG format, with no borders and no filters
• Photo must show your full face, the top of shoulders to the top your head, with some blank space above the head
• Photo must show you looking straight at the camera (No side profiles or extreme close ups!)
• Photo should not include other people, animals, props, etc.
• No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments that obstruct the view of your face
• Selfies are ok as long as you meet the above criteria!